Wealthy seniors and baby boomers are choosing a new type of Personal Assistant/Companion. This is in part due to Covid but also to enhance their active lifestyles. Today’s companions and personal assistants are selected by how well they fit a tailored job description.
In the past, private staffing companions may have been more involved in assisting those with health and mobility issues. Today’s companions and personal assistants are selected based on unique client needs. These needs may include:
- Working and live-in in luxury remote communities such as: Nantucket, Aspen, Sun Valley, Caribbean islands, etc.
- Special skills with dogs, grandchildren, cooking, sports and house management
- Calendar, organization and business assistance
- Training and certification: First aid, CPR, RN, rehabilitation
- Household tasks: laundry, couture, entertaining, shopping
- Driving, walking, hobby activities
- Social companion to restaurants, travel and resorts
- Wardrobe organization and styling
- Supervising other domestic staff and residences
Personality factors are also an important part of household staff fit. Such personality factors include energy, background, flexibility, education and talents. These are a few considerations for the hiring selection process.
Hiring a companion/personal assistant during covid requires especially disciplined measures for client protections. This can lead clients to rely upon only one or two key staff members. Companion/PA jobs often have generous salaries to ensure longer term retention.
Screening and background checks are of utmost importance, and Private Staff Group takes these very seriously. Here are some of the measures we are taking to ensure your safety during covid and beyond:
- Comprehensive background checks, including education and driving
- Zoom interviews
- 90-Day Placement Guarantee
- Privacy protection plan
- Advisement on best safety practices and protocols
Review our private staff hiring protocols in detail here. For further information and a discussion of employing private staff safely, please call Stephen Candland at Private Staff Group 203-856-7811 or email: email@example.com.