This position requires:
Property Managers are hands-on maintenance people. The property in and around the estate including, but not limited to the landscaping, salt and freshwater pools, and guest cottages are the responsibility of the estate’s Caretaker.
- A wide and deep practical knowledge of property and grounds maintenance
- Often requires sound handyman/maintenance skills
- This position may also require a background in horticulture in order to keep healthy, year-round gardens, blooms and even chicken coops
- Caretakers often have experience with construction, landscaping and gentleman’s farms
- Caretaker often plays an additional important role for many employers as the owner’s representative during their absence
- Snow plowing, adverse weather