Property Managers are hands-on maintenance people. The property in and around the estate including, but not limited to the landscaping, salt and freshwater pools, and guest cottages are the responsibility of the estate’s Caretaker.
This position requires:
- A wide and deep practical knowledge of property and grounds maintenance
- Often requires sound handyman/maintenance skills
- This position may also require a background in horticulture in order to keep healthy, year-round gardens, blooms and even chicken coops
- Caretakers often have experience with construction, landscaping and gentleman’s farms
- Caretaker often plays an additional important role for many employers as the owner’s representative during their absence
- Snow plowing, adverse weather