A Chief of Staff takes on many forms including, the ultimate Personal/Executive Assistant or the leader and manager of a large staff.
The COS is highly experienced, savvy and expert/resourceful in all aspects and possibilities. Backgrounds may include corporate or personal experiences, typically supported by impressive educational credentials. The Chief of staff must:
- Manage multiple homes, complex renovations, asset acquisitions/management and interaction with the various business/board interests
- Leader of the residence and the coordinator of the staff
- Provides a buffer between the Principal and staff
- Works behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes and deal with issues
- Act as an advisor to the Principal.